Dear parents and guardians,
This morning, the Minister of Education of Skills, Joe McHugh TD, issued a statement which can be read here.
ORAL AND PRACTICAL PERFORMANCE TESTS:
All students who were due to take oral and practical performance tests in the following subjects will be given full marks for this part of the examination:
- Oral tests in Leaving Certificate Irish and the Modern Languages of French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Japanese.
- Practical performance tests in Leaving Certificate Music.
- Practical performance tests in Junior Certificate Music and Home Economics.
Minister McHugh also confirmed changes to deadlines for students to complete project work and coursework in a number of subjects. Students were originally scheduled to complete these elements of the state examinations on a number of dates from Friday 20 March to Friday 24 April 2020, depending on the subject. Students will now be given until Friday 15 May 2020 to complete this work.
Project and Course Work completion deadlines are extended to Friday 15 May for the following subjects:
- Leaving Certificate Computer Science, Physical Education, Technology, Art, Agricultural Science, Agricultural Economics, History, Geography, Religious Education, Politics and Society, Music, Constructions Studies and Home Economics;
- Junior Cycle Metalwork, Materials Technology Wood, Technology and Religious Education;
- Junior Cycle Assessment Tasks in English, Irish, Modern languages, Science and Business Studies.
LCVP and LCA
The second phase of practical examinations remain as originally scheduled from Monday 27 April to Friday 8 May, as well as the final written examination in the Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme (LCVP) scheduled for Wednesday 6 May, a range of oral and practical tests in the Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA) programme, along with the first examination in Leaving Certificate Computer Science on Wednesday 27 May, and the final written examinations commencing on 3 June.
JUNIOR and LEAVING CERTIFICATE EXAMS
These are scheduled to run as normal in June, and the Department of Education and Skills will keep us briefed. As soon as I hear something, I will pass it on.